SLIGO IRON STORE, ST. LOUIS – BANK of MERCER, PRINCETON, MISSOURI CHECK of 1898 with COAT of ARMS etc.In 1834 the Sligo Iron Store Company was founded by a couple of Irish immigrants who saw the growing opportunity for metal in America’s westward expansion. They expanded quickly with the addition of a machining factory, a foundry, stables & carriage manufacturing and even a nationally distributed shop-at-home style catalog. As their base was mainly Irish, they also founded the neighborhood known as the ‘Kelly Patch’. This check dated Feb 14th 1898 from Princeton Missouri (Bank of Mercer County) was made payable to Sligo (in St. Louis) and was printed by ‘Standard’ from Hannibal, and was punch cancelled PAID. There is a SINGLE CHECK in this LOT in NICE HIGH GRADE (but used) CONDITION.